Hadoop was not designed for Enterprise Architecture , It was designed for Clustered Architecture.
so think in right context.
Hadoop is designed to run on a large number of machines that don’t share any memory or disks. That means you can buy a whole bunch of commodity servers, slap them in a rack, and run the Hadoop software on each one.
Hadoop is Not meant to
- Replace RDBMs
- do Transactions
- Generally used with unstructured data , may be used with structured as well
Hadoop is meant to
- Index building, pattern recognitions,
- Creating recommendation engines,
- Sentiment analysis -- all situations where data is generated at a high volume,
- Read 1 TB file in minutes rather than hours
Hadoop Vs RDBMS
- Hadoop can do interactive data but not same speed
- Hadoop cant do ACID
- Hadoop best to work with unstructured data , RDMS best to work with structured data