- Table must already exist in db
- Input files are read and parsed as per user provided inputs
- Default is to generate insert statement , can use update mode to generate update statements.
- If sqoop attempt to insert violates PK constraint , the export will fail ?? whole or partial ??
- Inserts are performed by multiple sqoop threads , each thread uses a seperate connection & transaction
- Every 100 statement sqoop commits transaction ( so if 1 insert fail in 1 thread ... rest of them will commit ??)
- So export is not an atomic operation , some commits will be visible before others.
can use -update-key as well